Terms of Service
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
- 1. Use of Our Service
- 2. User Content
- 3. User Content License Grant
- 4. Our Proprietary Rights
- 5. Paid Services
- 6. No Professional Advice
- 7. Privacy
- 8. Security
- 9. DMCA Notice
- 10. Third-Party Links
- 11. Indemnity
- 12. No Warranty
- 13. Limitation of Liability
- 14. Governing Law and Arbitration.
- 15. General
- 16. Changes to Our Terms of Service
1. Use of Our Service
Ghost Inspector provides a place for developers to monitor and manage APIs consumed in their mobile and web applications.
You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with Ghost Inspector, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Ghost Inspector..
B. Ghost Inspector Service.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service as permitted by the features of the Service. Ghost Inspector reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Ghost Inspector Content (as defined below). Ghost Inspector may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
C. Ghost Inspector Accounts
Your Ghost Inspector account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of accounts for different types of Users. If you open a Ghost Inspector account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (a) “you” includes you and that entity, and (b) you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement, and that you agree to this Agreement on the entity’s behalf.
You may never use another User’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must notify Ghost Inspector immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Ghost Inspector will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
You may control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in your user profile settings. By providing Ghost Inspector your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your user profile settings. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
D. Service Rules
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”;
- (ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Ghost Inspector servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser or through the normal course of API consumption (at our sole discretion);
- (iii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email;
- (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service;
- (v) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- (vi) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service;
- (vii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service;
- (viii) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- (ix) using the Service to facilitate illegal or unauthorized activity;
- (x) using the Service to interact with a website in an unwanted, abusive or unlawful way (at our sole discretion);
- (xi) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- (xii) interfering with the proper working of the Service;
- (xiii) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service;
- or (xiv) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
We may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to users generally; or create or modify usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Ghost Inspector Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Ghost Inspector shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
2. User Content
Some areas of the Service allow Users to post content such as profile information, comments, questions, and other content or information (any such materials a User submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service “User Content”). We claim no ownership rights over User Content created by you. The User Content you create remains yours; however, by sharing User Content through the Service, you agree to allow others to view, edit, and/or share your User Content in accordance with your settings and this Agreement. Ghost Inspector has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove any User Content that is shared via the Service.
You agree not to post User Content that:
- (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
- (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
- (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
- (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets);
- (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current.
You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. Ghost Inspector reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Ghost Inspector believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions. You understand that publishing your User Content on the Service is not a substitute for registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office, the Writer’s Guild of America, or any other rights organization.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
- A. Your User Content and Ghost Inspector’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights.
- B. Ghost Inspector may exercise the rights to your User Content granted under this Agreement without liability for payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
- C. To the best of your knowledge, all your User Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
Ghost Inspector takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that Ghost Inspector shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content.
3. User Content License Grant
By posting any User Content on the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to Ghost Inspector a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service. You also hereby grant each User of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under this Agreement.
To the extent you are a business providing us personal information, as that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), for purposes of providing you Services under this Agreement, the following paragraph applies. Ghost Inspector shall only use, copy and/or distribute personal information about California consumers that you provide to it only as necessary for the specific business purpose to perform the Services set forth in this Agreement. Ghost Inspector shall not sell such personal information, where “sell” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by Ghost Inspector to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Ghost Inspector shall not use, retain, or disclose such personal information outside of its business relationship with you or for any other purpose except as required by law. If Ghost Inspector is compelled to do so by applicable law, it shall inform you of that legal requirement before complying, unless providing such notice is prohibited by law.
4. Our Proprietary Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos and User Content belonging to other Users (the “Ghost Inspector Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Ghost Inspector and its licensors (including other Users who post User Content to the Service). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any Ghost Inspector Content. Use of the Ghost Inspector Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Ghost Inspector under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Ghost Inspector does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Ghost Inspector, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
5. Paid Services
A. Billing Policies. Certain aspects of the Service may be provided for a fee or other charge. If you elect to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to the pricing and payment terms presented, as we may update them from time to time. Ghost Inspector may add new services for additional fees and charges, or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion. Any change to our pricing or payment terms shall become effective in the billing cycle following notice of such change to you as provided in this Agreement.
B. No Refunds. You may cancel your Ghost Inspector account at any time; however, there are no refunds for cancellation. In the event that Ghost Inspector suspends or terminates your account or this Agreement for your breach of this Agreement, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any unused time or data usage on a subscription, any license or subscription fees for any portion of the Service, any content or data associated with your account, or for anything else.
C. Payment Information; Taxes. All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will pay any applicable taxes, if any, relating to any such purchases, transactions or other monetary transaction interactions.
6. No Professional Advice
If the Service provides professional information (for example, regarding technical security), such information is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. No action should be taken based upon any information contained in the Service. You should seek independent professional advice from a person who is licensed and/or qualified in the applicable area.
Ghost Inspector uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and implement your privacy settings. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
9. DMCA Notice
Since we respect artist and content owner rights, it is Ghost Inspector’s policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify Ghost Inspector’s copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA.
For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- 1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- 2. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- 3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- 4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Ghost Inspector to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- 5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law;
- and 6. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Attn: DMCA Notice
Ghost Inspector, Inc.
Address: 500 Mercer St, Ste C202-194
Seattle, WA 98109
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Ghost Inspector and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed.
The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Ghost Inspector’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Ghost Inspector has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Ghost Inspector may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
10. Third-Party Links
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Ghost Inspector and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising out of or related to:
- (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you;
- (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above;
- (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights;
- (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- (v) User Content or any other information or content that is submitted via your account including without limitation misleading, false or inaccurate information;
- (vi) negligent or willful misconduct;
- or (vii) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
12. No Warranty
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM GHOST INSPECTOR OR THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, GHOST INSPECTOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
13. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL GHOST INSPECTOR, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL GHOST INSPECTOR BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, GHOST INSPECTOR ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY:
- (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT;
- (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE;
- (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN;
- (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE;
- (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY;
- (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE;
- AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL GHOST INSPECTOR, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO GHOST INSPECTOR HEREUNDER OR $100.00, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF GHOST INSPECTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
The Service is controlled and operated from facilities in the United States. Ghost Inspector makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
14. Governing Law and Arbitration.
A. Governing Law.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Washington; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Ghost Inspector, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Washington. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Washington, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences with respect to the substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16). The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in King County, Washington for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below.
READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES THE PARTIES TO ARBITRATE THEIR DISPUTES AND LIMITS THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU CAN SEEK RELIEF FROM GHOST INSPECTOR. In the unlikely event that Ghost Inspector has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after 60 days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any Ghost Inspector claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these Terms of Service, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by the Judicial Mediation and Arbitration Services (“JAMS”) under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. The arbitration will be conducted in King County, Washington, unless you and Ghost Inspector agree otherwise. Each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules. The award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses, and any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Nothing in this Section shall be deemed as preventing Ghost Inspector from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to protect any of Ghost Inspector’s proprietary interests. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THIS WAIVER APPLIES TO CLASS ARBITRATION, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU AND GHOST INSPECTOR ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, .COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OF ANY KIND.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Ghost Inspector without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
B. Notification Procedures and Changes to the Agreement.
Ghost Inspector may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on our website, as determined by Ghost Inspector in our sole discretion. Ghost Inspector reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement. Ghost Inspector is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. Ghost Inspector may, in its sole discretion, modify or update this Agreement from time to time, and so you should review this page periodically. When we change the Agreement in a material manner, we will update the ‘last modified’ date at the bottom of this page. Your continued use of the Service after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future Terms of Service, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Service.
C. Entire Agreement/Severability.
This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with Ghost Inspector in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Ghost Inspector concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect, except that in the event of unenforceability of the universal Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver, the entire arbitration agreement shall be unenforceable.
D. No Waiver.
No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Ghost Inspector’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
E. Government Use Rights.
If the Service is licensed to the United States government or any agency thereof, then the Service will be deemed to be “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” respectively, pursuant to DFAR Section 227.7202 and FAR Section 12.212, as applicable. Any use, reproduction, release, performance, display or disclosure of the Service and any accompanying documentation by the U.S. Government will be governed solely by these Terms of Service and is prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms of Service.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
16. Changes to Our Terms of Service
Ghost Inspector may modify or update this Terms of Service from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and practices, and so you should review this page periodically. When we change the terms in a material manner we will let you know and update the ‘last modified’ date at the bottom of this page.
Ghost Inspector Terms of Service History
- January 23rd, 2020 – Added CCPA-related clause to Section 3. Added two additional “Service Rules” to prevent use of Ghost Inspector for abusive or unlawful purposes.
- June 1st, 2017 – Updated for Ghost Inspector Inc. ownership.
- April 4th, 2016 – Updated for On Line Construction Inc. ownership.
- September 18th, 2015 – Redesigned with new website. Contents unchanged.
- December 15th, 2014 – Initial version under Runscope Inc. ownership.